Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Coming Distractions 8-05-08

Well, we have some good ones this week...

We have
Nim's Island- yay!
The Killing of John Lennon
Inglorious Bastards (this one is on the new arrival shelf, 3.50/3nights!)
My Brother is an Only Child
Pete Seeger: The Power of Song
Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten
and
The Counterfeiters

Pam and I put on the Pete Seeger one in the store, and it has a lot of the background information on his life that you might not know. Be prepared to hear a lot of his music too. I watched The Counterfeiters, and that was just fantastic. Mind you, they go between speaking German, French, and even Russian, but there are English subtitles.
I didn't get a chance to watch Nim's Island (located on the new kids shelf), but it's supposed to be pretty good (though Rotten Tomatoes warns of distracting product placement).
My Brother is an Only Child got a whopping 85% on the tomatometer. It looked pretty good, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see it this week.
So that is what we have for you this week.
Thanks for checking, Katie

No comments: